Unit 1 - Tools of Algebra
At the end of this unit you should be able to say I CAN…
1. Classify and identify the properties of real numbers.
2. Interpret parts of an expression, such as terms, factors, and coefficients in terms of the context.
3. Use the correct order of operations to simplify expressions.
4. Solve linear equations.
5. Rearrange formulas to highlight a quantity of interest, using the same reasoning as in solving equations.
6. Solve and graph inequalities.
7. Solve and graph compound inequalities.
8. Solve absolute value equations and inequalities.
9. Determine when a problem should be represented by equations and/or inequalities.
*10. Interpret solutions as viable or nonviable options.