Unit 10: Radicals
Approximately 14 days
By the end of this unit you should be able to say I CAN…
10.1 Simplify radicals and radical expressions to simplest radical form. (4 days)
10.2 Simplify radicals by rationalizing the denominator. (4 days)
10.3 Add and subtract radicals by reducing them to simplest radical form. (4 days)
Review and Exam 2 days
Embedded within all modules are the following learning targets
- Recognize units given or needed to solve problem
- Determine if the solution to a multi-step problem is reasonable using given units
- Choose appropriate units to represent a problem when using formulas or graphing.
- Interpret units or scales used in formulas or represented in graphs.
- Use units as a way to understand problems and to guide the solution of multi-step problems