Welcome to my teacher website!
Please don't hesitate to email or call if you have any questions concerning your child's educational needs. The best time to reach me is between 12:00 and 1:00. I look forward to meeting and working with each of you.
- Masters of Arts in School Improvement from Campbellsville University
- Masters of Arts in Special Education from Campbellsville University
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Services and Counseling from Lindsey Wilson College
- Associate in Arts in Social Science from Lindsey Wilson College
- Director of Special Education
- Rank I in School Improvement
- Professional Certificate for Teaching Exceptional Children
Memberships and Awards
- National Council for Exceptional Children
- Kentucky Council for Administrators of Special Education
- Kentucky Council for Children with Behavior Disorders
- Kentucky Council for Exceptional Children
- Kentucky Education Association
- Adair County Education Association
- Campbellsville Teacher of Year
- 2016 - 2018 ABRI Committee Member
- 2016 - 2017 Autism Training Site Committee Member
- 2016 - 2017 Site Base Decision Making Council Member
- 2015 - 2016 Lighthouse Team Member
- 2014 - 2017 Disciplinary Committee Member
- Kentucky Council for Administrators of Special Education 2019 Spring Institute
- New Director of Special Education institute with Kentucky Council of Administration Special Education
- New Director of Special Education Academy with the Kentucky Department of Education
- Google Leadership Training for Teachers
- Trauma-Informed Care for Educator
- Kentucky Teacher Intern Program
- Research-0Based Interventions for Autism
- 2019, 2017, 2015 Behavior Institute
- GRREC Autism and ABA Training
- Positive Approach to Student Success Training
- 2005 - 2018 Exceptional Children's Conference
- Site-Based Decision-Making Training
- Safe Crisis Management
2020 - 2021 School year will be my 16th year as a teacher with the Adair County School District. For my first 7 years, I was an Exceptional Education Teacher in the Detention Unit at the Adair Youth Development Center. I feel truly blessed to have had the opportunity to teach and encourage the students while working with the staff at the development center. I will always hold a special place in my heart for them. My 8th year teaching was at the Adair County High School where I had the privilege of co-teaching with some excellent science teachers. I also worked with some amazing students while helping them transition into adulthood to become positive role models for others to follow. I began classes at Campbellsville University in their Director of Special Education Program while at the high school. This has been a dream of mine for several years and was completed in the summer of 2016. In 2016, I had the opportunity to transfer to Adair County Primary Center. I truly enjoyed working with this age group and will miss some very special kiddos. The Positive Approach to Student Success is an awesome program and I enjoyed being a part of everything it includes. I have a special place in my heart for exceptional education students. I transferred to the middle school due to my husband being hired as the Assistant Principal at ACPC. This gives me the opportunity to be back with the age group at the middle school and helping 8th graders learn then transition them to the high school to further grow into becoming productive adults.
I have been married 32 years to my high school sweetheart, Gerald. We have been blessed with a daughter, Samantha 27, who graduated in December of 2015 from Lindsey Wilson College with an Elementary Education Degree. She is a 4th-grade reading teacher at ACES. She was married in the summer of 2016 to her best friend of 8 years, Will Rich. I feel blessed to have him as part of our family. In 2018, my husband and I were blessed to become the grandparents to our first grandson, Daxson Porter Rich. Then during this past summer, we welcomed our second grandson, Ace Isaac Rich. Being grandparents has brought so much joy to our lives. We have also been blessed with a son, Lucas 24, who graduated from Adair County High School in 2016. He enjoyed being a member and an officer of Future Farmers of America. We are part of the church family at Hadley's Community Church, where I was the Director of Vacation Bible School for 12 years. I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling, teaching, gardening, cooking, or just relaxing while observing God’s beautiful creations. There is something very special in each and every one of us. We all have gifts to make a difference. Education is a step in becoming aware of those gifts so we will have the power to shape the future.
One of my favorite quotes from a special person. "You too, will bloom where you are planted. It may not be in the garden of your choice and there may be some thorns on the bushes, but you will be a rose among the thorns. That's what matters."
Exceptional Education Teacher
Adair County Middle School
Columbia, KY 42728