Welcome to our classroom website!
Please don't hesitate to email, call, or text if you have any questions concerning your child's educational needs. The best time to reach me is between 8:15 and 9:00. I look forward to meeting and working with each of you.
- Masters of Arts in School Improvement
- Masters of Arts in Special Education from Campbellsville University
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Services and Counseling from Lindsey Wilson College
- Associate in Arts in Social Science from Lindsey Wilson College
- Professional Certificate for Teaching Exceptional Children
- Director of Special Education
- Rank I
Memberships and Awards
- Kentucky Council for Children with Behavior Disorders
- Kentucky Council for Exceptional Children
- Kentucky Association of Professional Educators
- Adair County Association of Professional Educators
- Hadley's Community Church
- Campbellsville Teacher of Year
- Adair Youth Development Center Employee of Month (first education staff to receive this honor)
- 2016 - Present ABRI Committee Member
- 2016 - 2017 Autism Training Site Committee Member
- 2016 - 2017 Site Base Decision Making Council Member
- 2015 - 2016 Lighthouse Team Member
- 2014 - 2017 Disciplinary Committee Member
- Kentucky Teacher Intern Program
- Behavior Institute
- GRREC Autism and ABA Training
- Positive Aproach to Student Success Training
- 2005 - 2016 Exceptional Children's Conference
- Safe Crisis Management
2017 - 2018 School year will be my 12th year as a teacher with the Adair County School District. For my first 7 years, I was an Exceptional Education Teacher on the Detention Unit at the Adair Youth Development Center. I feel truly blessed to have had the opportunity to teach and encourage the students while working with the staff at the development center. I will always hold a special place in my heart for them. Four years ago, I had the opportunity to transfer to Adair County Primary Center. I truly enjoyed working with this age group and I'm looking forward to this school year. When I was at the high school, I had the privilege of co-teaching with some excellent science teachers. I began classes at Campbellsville University in their Director of Special Education Program while at the high school. This has been a dream of my for several years and was completed in the summer of 2016. I have a special place in my heart for exceptional education students. This year will be my fourth year working with elementary education students in the school district. For 12 years, I worked with all age students during VBS and Sunday School. The Positive Approach to Student Success is an awesome program and I enjoy being a part of everything it includes.
I have been married 28 years to my high school sweetheart, Gerald. We have been blessed with a daughter, Samantha 23, who graduated in December of 2015 from Lindsey Wilson College with an Elementary Education Degree. She was married in the summer of 2016 to her best friend of 8 years, Will Rich. I feel blessed to have him as part of our family. We have also been blessed with a son, Lucas 20, who graduated from Adair County High School in 2016. He enjoyed being a member and an officer of Future Farmers of America. We are part of the church family at Hadley's Community Church. Where I was the Director of Vacation Bible School for 12 years. I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling, teaching, gardening, cooking, or just relaxing while observing God’s beautiful creations. There is something very special in each and every one of us. We all have gifts to make a difference. An education is a step in becoming aware of those gifts so we will have the power to shape the future.
One of my favorite quotes from a special person. "You too, will bloom where you are planted. It may not be in the garden of your choice and there may be some thorns on the bushes, but you will be a rose among the thorns. That's what matters."
Exceptional Education Teacher
Adair County Primary Center
158 Col Casey Drive
Columbia, KY 42728