General Library Rules
1. All students in the school are entitled to use the Library Media Center and to check out books, provided they have teacher permission.
2. Reference books, such as encyclopedias and dictionaries, are to be used in the Library Media Center. Earlier editions will be made available for overnight check out.
3. All other books may be borrowed for one week. If a student needs a book for more than one week, they need to recheck their book for an extended time. Please note - students may check out books only if their record is clear. A clear record means no overdue books.
4. Students must pay for damaged books, magazines, and all lost books. Payment is based on book replacement cost. This should try to be done in a timely manner so that the student may continue checking out during the school year.
5. No book may be taken from the Library Media Center without being checked out. If a person is found guilty, he/she will forfeit their Library privileges, and punishment may be enacted.
6. Students must not sub-lend books. The student who checks out the book is held responsible for the care, return, and fines.
7. Students may check out 2 Library books at a time. If several books are needed for special assignments, the student should speak to the Library Media Specialist and accommodations will be made.
8. To access the internet, students must have on file a signed Student Authorized Acceptable Use Policy.
9. There is no food or drink allowed in the Library Media Center.