Unit 10 - Exponential & Logarithmic Functions
By the end of this unit you should be able to say I CAN…
1. Graph exponential functions with and without technology.
2. Write the equation of an exponential function.
3. Define and recognize the key features in tables and graphs of exponential functions: intercepts, intervals where the function is increasing, decreasing, positive or negative and end behavior.
4. Convert exponential equations to logarithmic form and logarithmic equations to exponential form.
5. Graph and identify the key features of logarithmic functions (including natural logarithm).
6. Evaluate logarithms.
7. Solve exponential equations by using logarithms.
8. Solve logarithmic equations.
9. Recognize the laws and properties of logarithms, including change of base.