Unit 9 – Sequences and Series
By the end of this unit, you should be able to say I CAN…
1. Identify arithmetic and geometric patterns in given sequences.
2. Generate arithmetic and geometric sequences from recursive and explicit formulas.
3. Use arithmetic and geometric sequences to model real life situations and solve real world problems.
4. Find the nth term of an arithmetic or geometric sequence.
5. Find the position of a given term of an arithmetic or geometric sequence.
6. Find the sums of finite arithmetic and geometric series.
7. Use sigma notation to express sums.
8. Recognize that geometric sequences can be expressed as exponential functions.