Unit 8 - Radicals
At the end of this unit you should be able to say I CAN…
1. Simplify expressions using the properties of exponents.
2. Simplify radical expressions with various indices.
3. Use properties of roots and rational exponents to evaluate and simplify expressions.
4. Add, subtract, multiply and divide expressions containing radicals.
5. Rationalize denominators containing radicals and find the simplest common denominator.
6. Solve equations containing nth roots or rational exponents and show how extraneous solutions may arise.
7. Evaluate and solve radical equations given a formula for a real world situation.
8. Analyze and identify the graph of radical functions.
9. Determine the domain of a radical function.