Unit 7 - Polynomial Functions
By the end of this unit you should be able to say I CAN…
1. Recognize the connection among zeros of a polynomial function, x-intercepts, factors of polynomials, and solutions of polynomial equations.
2. Graph polynomial functions, by hand in simple cases or using technology for more complicated cases, and show/label maxima and minima of the graph, identify zeros, describe the end behavior and identify the domain and range.
3. Determine the number and type of zeros for a polynomial function.
4. Find all rational zeros of a polynomial function.
5. Know and apply the Remainder Theorem.
6. Divide polynomials by using synthetic division.