Unit 2 - Introduction to Functions
At the end of this unit you should be able to say I CAN…
1. Identify relations and functions and their domain and range.
2. Differentiate between different types of functions using a variety of descriptors.
3. Recognize and use function notation.
4. Evaluate functions.
5. Add, subtract, multiply, divide and find the composition of functions.
6. Calculate and interpret average rate of change of a function (presented symbolically or as a table) over a specified interval.
7. Graph linear functions using a table of values, x and y-intercepts, or slope-intercept form.
8. Write linear equations in standard form and slope-intercept form when given two points, a point and the slope, or the graph of the equation.
9. Identify linear functions, given its table or graph.
10. Define and recognize the key features in tables and graphs of linear functions: intercepts, intervals where the function is increasing, decreasing, positive or negative, and end behavior.
11. Graph the absolute value function and determine the domain and range.
12. Identify and describe the differences and similarities between a parent function and the transformed function.
13. Using technology, identify effects of single transformations on graphs of functions.
14. Graph absolute value inequalities.
15. Define and find the inverse of a function.
16. Identify and explain why a domain is appropriate for a given situation.
17. Identify and graph a piecewise function and identify its domain and range.
18. Combine two functions using the operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division or the composition given real world situations or mathematical problems.
19. Identify the domain and range of combined functions