1. I can explain how Earth is a system of systems.
2. I can develop a model of the carbon cycling among the spheres. (HS-ESS2-6)
3. I can explain sphere-sphere interaction on Earth. (HS-ESS2-2)
4. I can explain how the biosphere can cause changes in other Earth systems. (HS-ESS2-2)
5. I can develop a model based on evidence of the Earth’s interior. (HS-ESS2-3)
6. I can explain how thermal convection leads to cycling of matter on Earth. (HS-ESS2-3)
7. I can explain the processes that form the three types of rocks. (HS-ESS2-5)
8. I can explain the interactions between the hydrologic cycle and the rock cycle. (HS-ESS2-5)
9. I can plan and conduct an investigation of the properties of water and its effects on Earth materials and
surface processes. (HS-ESS2-5)
10. I can describe the dynamic feedbacks that control the evolution of life and continuously alter Earth’s surface.