Advanced Studio Production (Moving Image)
Course Description: In this course students will explore the creative and conceptual aspects of designing and producing moving images for the varietyof cinematic, film/video and multimedia presentations including: fictional dramas, documentaries, music videos, artistic and experimental presentations and/or installations, interactive, immersive and performancemedia.
1. Integrate principles with a varietyof methods forming original ideas, solutions and innovations in media arts creation processes.
2. Analyze important contexts such as historical or cultural considerations andtarget audiences in reference to their impact on productions.
3. Produce moving image (multimedia) works that are effective in communicatingideas, thoughts and feelings to target audiences in a variety of production genres.
4. Research production topics using the internet, video archives and otherinformational sources.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the ethics and laws that impact the production of various genres of video programs.
6. Integrate a knowledge of systems processes in forming, testing, and proposing original design ideas, prototypes and production frameworks, considering constraints of goals, time, resources and personal limitations.
7. Synthesize content, processes and components to express compelling purpose,story, emotion or ideas in complex media arts productions.
8. Refine elements and components to form impactful expressions in media arts designs, directed at specific purposes, audiences and contexts.
9. Synthesize media arts forms and academic content into unified media artsproductions retaining design fidelity across platforms.
10. Employ design, technical and soft skills in managing and producing mediadesigns.
11. Employ creative and innovative adaptability in formulating lines of inquiry and solutions addressing challenges within and through media arts productions.
12. Utilize and adapt tools, styles and systems in standard, innovative andexperimental ways in the production of media arts.
13. Design a presentation of media arts for intentional impacts, through a varietyof contexts.
14. Evaluate, compare and integrate improvements presenting media arts, considering personal to global impacts.
15. Determine effective media and equipment for production demands.
16. Write and edit news stories from information collected by reporters and othersources.
17. Write effective scripts in appropriate formats for genres of video production.
18. Demonstrate style and esthetic meaning in video production.
19. Supervise and coordinate the work of camera, lighting, design and soundcrewmembers.
20. Coordinate the activities of writers, directors, managers and other personnelthroughout the production process.
21. Conduct meetings with staff to discuss production progress and to ensure production 2017-2018 Media Arts Page 29 of 31 objectives are attained.
22. Review film, recordings or rehearsals to ensure conformance to production and broadcast standards.
23. Resolve personnel problems that arise during the production process by actingas liaisons between dissenting parties when necessary.
24. Demonstrate advanced graphics production and special effects utilizingindustry standard editing tools and software.
25. Monitor postproduction processes to ensure accurate completion of details.