Course Description: This course is an introduction to and survey of the creative and conceptual aspects of designing media arts experiences and products, including techniques, genres and styles from various and combined media and forms, including moving image, sound, interactive, spatial and/or interactive design.
1. Examine careers in the Media Arts.
2. Analyze ethics as it relates to Media Arts.
3. Research the history of Media Arts.
4. Explore how to collaborate and interact within teams and with clients.
5. Explore the use of technology specific to MediaArts.
6. Examine how to pitch and present a project.
7. Identify how to constructively critique fellow studentwork.
8. Identify an audience and when the use of specific media tools areappropriate.
9. Explore how to use the elements and pprinciples of design.
10. Demonstrate the production process.