Reading “I Can…” Statements
- RL 3.1 I can ask and answer questions about a text.
- RL 3.1 I can find answers to a question in the text.
- RL 3.2 I can determine and explain the message, lesson or moral of the story.
- RL 3.3 I can describe characters in a story.
- RL 3.4 I can use context clues to determine the meaning of a word.
- RL 3.5 I can refer to parts of a story such as the chapter, scene or stanza.
- RL 3.5 I can describe the sequence of events.
- RL 3.6 I can distinguish my point of view from the narrator or the characters.
- RL 3.7 I can explain how illustrations help me understand the story.
- RL 3.8 Not applicable to third grade.
- RL 3.9 I can compare and contrast stories.
- RL 3.10 I can read and comprehend third grade text independently and proficiently.
- RI 3.1 I can ask and answer questions about a text.
- RI 3.1 I can determine the main idea of a text and find key details.
- RI 3.2 I can determine the main idea of a text and find key details.
- RI 3.3 I can describe sequence and cause and effect.
- RI 3.4 I can use context clues to determine the meaning of a word.
- RI 3.5 I can use text features to understand the text.
- RI 3.6 I can distinguish my point of view from the authors.
- RI 3.7 I can use illustrations to better understand the text.
- RI 3.8 I can use sequence to make connections between sentences and paragraphs.
- RI 3.9 I can compare and contrast important points and key details from two text.
- RI 3.10 I can comprehend informational text independently and proficiently.
- RF 3.3 I can decode words.
- RF 3.3a I can identify and define the meaning of most common prefixes and suffixes.
- RF 3.3b I can decode words with suffixes.
- RF 3.3c I can decode multi syllable words.
- RF 3.3d I can read grade appropriate irregularly spelled words.
- RF 3.4 I can read and comprehend.
- RF 3.4a I can read with purpose and understanding.
- RF 3.4b I can read poetry accurately.
- RF 3.4c I can use context to self-correct.