Accelerated Reader Guidelines
- The ACPC Accelerated Reading Program is available to ACPC students Monday through Friday from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The AR program will begin the first full week of school. AR recognitions will be on Tuesday of each week during morning assembly.
- Each classroom teacher will determine when a student begins the AR Program. Decisions will be based on student reading performance.
- Students will only take AR book level tests one grade level below their present grade, unless the student has an Individual Education Plan.
- Students with an Individualized Education Plan are permitted to take AR tests two grade levels below their present grade level.
- Students must attain an 85% AR average to be recognized and for their points to count toward individual and school goals. If their average drops below 85% they will not be recognized until their average becomes 85% or higher.
- School AR and recognition goals are the following for individuals:
- *Kindergarten will be recognized for 10 points or more.
- * All other grade levels will be recognized starting at 25 points, and from then on in 25 point increments.
AR Points and Prizes
||Ice Cream Certificate
||Picture on Rocket Reader in Library
||AR Treasure Box Prize
||Pizza Lunch with the Principal
||Happy Meal Lunch in the Library
||Name on the Sign at School
||Lunch with a Friend
||Rocket Reader Club T-shirt
||Movie and Popcorn in the Library
||$10 Walmart gift card and picture in the paper