Unit 9: Rational Expressions and Equations
Approximately 10 days
By the end of this unit you should be able to say I CAN…
9.1 Use exponent rules and factoring to simplify rational expressions. (2 days)
9.2 Simplify rational expressions using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. (2 days)
9.3 Simplify rational expressions with unlike bases using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. (2 days)
9.4 Explore geometric applications of rational expressions. (2 days)
Review and Exam 2 days
Embedded within all modules are the following learning targets
- Recognize units given or needed to solve problem
- Determine if the solution to a multi-step problem is reasonable using given units
- Choose appropriate units to represent a problem when using formulas or graphing.
- Interpret units or scales used in formulas or represented in graphs.
- Use units as a way to understand problems and to guide the solution of multi-step problems