Unit 8: Polynomials and Factoring
Approximately 20 days
By the end of this unit you should be able to say I CAN…
8.1 Classify, add, and subtract polynomials. (1 day)
8.2 Multiply monomials and polynomials. (1 day)
8.3 Multiply binomials and binomials and binomials and trinomials. (2 days)
8.4 Divide polynomials by monomials. (2 days)
8.5 Factor polynomials by using the greatest common factor, difference of squares, trinomials,grouping, and mixed factoring. (10 days)
8.6 Divide polynomials by a binomial. (2 days)
Review and Exam 2 days
Embedded within all modules are the following learning targets
- Recognize units given or needed to solve problem
- Determine if the solution to a multi-step problem is reasonable using given units
- Choose appropriate units to represent a problem when using formulas or graphing.
- Interpret units or scales used in formulas or represented in graphs.
- Use units as a way to understand problems and to guide the solution of multi-step problems