Unit 6: Systems of Equations and Inequalities
Approximately 16 days
By the end of this unit you should be able to say I CAN…
6.1 Solve a system of equations by graphing, substitution, and elimination. (6 days)
6.2 Compare all methods to solving a system. (2 days)
6.3 Use systems of equations to model real world applications and solve word problems. (2 days)
6.5 Graph linear inequalities from slope-intercept and standard forms.
6.6 Write a linear inequality given a graph.
6.7 Solve systems of linear inequalities.
6.8 Use systems of linear inequalities to model real world applications and solve word problems. (6.5,6.6,6.7,6.8 - 4 days)
Review and Exam (2 days)
Embedded within all modules are the following learning targets
- Recognize units given or needed to solve problem
- Determine if the solution to a multi-step problem is reasonable using given units
- Choose appropriate units to represent a problem when using formulas or graphing.
- Interpret units or scales used in formulas or represented in graphs.
- Use units as a way to understand problems and to guide the solution of multi-step problems.