Unit 2: Multi-Step Equations and Inequalities
Approximately 21 days
By the end of this unit you should be able to say I CAN…
2.1 Solve multi-step equations with variables on both sides, including special cases with infinite (6 days)
and no solutions.
2.2 Solve proportions using cross-multiplication. (1 day)
2.3 Solve absolute value equations. (2 days)
2.4 Solve literal equations for a specified variable. (2 days)
2.5 Solve consecutive number problems using equations. (2 days)
2.6 Solve and graph multi-step inequalities. (2 days)
2.7 Write the solution to an inequality using interval notation. (1 day)
2.8 Solve and graph compound inequalities and absolute value inequalities. (3 days)
Review and Exam (2 days)
Embedded within all modules are the following learning targets
- Recognize units given or needed to solve problem
- Determine if the solution to a multi-step problem is reasonable using given units
- Choose appropriate units to represent a problem when using formulas or graphing.
- Interpret units or scales used in formulas or represented in graphs.
- Use units as a way to understand problems and to guide the solution of multi-step problems.