Accelerated Reader Guidelines
Adair County Primary Center
(2017-18 Updates coming soon.)
1. The ACPC Accelerated Reading Program is available to ACPC students Monday through Thursday from 7 am to 5 pm and Fridays 7 am to 3 pm.
2. The AR program will begin the first full week of school. AR recognitions will be on Thursday of each week during morning assembly.
3. Each classroom teacher will determine when a student begins the AR Program. Decisions will be based on student reading performance.
4. Students will only take AR book level tests one grade level below their present grade, unless the student has an Individual Education Plan.
5. Students with an Individualized Education Plan are permitted to take AR tests two grade levels below their present grade level.
6. Students must attain an 85% AR average to be recognized and for their points to count toward individual and school goals. If their average drops below 85% they will not be recognized until their average becomes 85% or higher.
7. School AR and recognition goals are the following for individuals:
*Kindergarten will be recognized for 10 points or more.
* All other grade levels will be recognized starting at 25 points, and from then on in 25 point increments.
AR Points and Prizes
||Pencil (Kindergarten Only)
||Ice Cream Certificate from Sonic
||5 Star Freeze
||Lunch with a Friend
||Pizza Lunch with the Principal
||Happy Meal Lunch in the Library
||Picture on Rocket Reading Wall
||Prize from the Treat Box in Library
||Name on ACPC Sign
||AR T Shirt
||Taco Bell Certificate
||Picture in local newspapers and on Columbia Magazine